Wincanton is one of the most recognisable brands in the transport sector. The organisation has extensive warehousing of over 1.8million square metres and offers specialist logistics-related services such as vehicle maintenance, co-packing and fleet management.
Headquartered in Chippenham, Wiltshire, Wincanton has over 250 sites in the UK and Ireland and over 5,000 vehicles. With an operation that includes distribution warehouses around major ports and trunk roads across the UK, security management and business continuity policies are critical to the operational management and success of Wincanton.
SSS has been providing remote security monitoring services since February 2008 to Wincanton. Based from the Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC), the team monitors security-related activity and is the main point of contact for false alarm verification, incident escalation and police response across the UK and Ireland estate. The team provides a series of reports that determine trends in alarm triggers and incidents.
Managed Services include:
- 24/7 365 helpdesk and alarm receiving centre operation
- Business continuity planning and implementation
- Alarm monitoring and response management
- Incident reporting and trend analysis
Given the 24 hour nature of security monitoring, the SSS team was best placed to provide Wincanton with an enhanced service to support the business continuity planning process. Drawing on the experience of other continuity planning programmes established with other clients, SSS advised on the creation of the business continuity plan and integrated the plan into the existing procedures. The plan relates to any major incident and allows SSS to respond to internal communications as well as advise on business continuity procedures whilst the internal response desk is being established.
- The provision of a 365 day 24/7 service that complements Wincanton’s business activities
- A separate IT network to Wincanton ensures continuity of communications at all times
- The ARC is accredited to BS5979, a standard which tests contingency planning as part of the alarm monitoring activity
- A tailored service that is regularly tested to ensure continued compliance with the business requirements