Matalan is one of the UK’s leading clothing and homeware retailers offering quality fashion and homeware at up to half the equivalent high street price.
With an average 3,000 m² per store, Matalan provides low priced quality goods by procuring direct from the manufacturer and maintaining low overheads at its out of town stores.
The existing self-delivery model for maintenance services was not providing the clarity and auditable transparency required by the business. Matalan selected SSS to provide a maintenance helpdesk and account management.
The objective of the contract is to maintain a compliant Matalan estate by the most cost effective means possible.
The facilities management help desk and associated services are a critical component of Matalan’s operation available 24 hours a day 365 days per year.
The service is made up of four components:
- Helpdesk and asset database
- Planned Maintenance – contractor management
- Payment, asset and compliance documentation and forensic audit
- Procurement reconciliation and management
Matalan uses the tailored data and reports to highlight patterns of vandalism across the estate. An increase in incidents at some stores where the copper pipes have been stripped out from external condenser units has prompted a review of security to identify where steel cage protection is required.
Reports provided to Matalan have been developed to the client specification. The number and type of reports has subsequently been adapted to include a comprehensive reporting schedule including those relating to the assets.
- Call volume, established using data from the previous supplier, has been reduced by 10%.
- 24/7 365 helpdesk
- Management reporting and data analysis that facilitates improved cost management and invoice reconciliation
- More robust performance management of suppliers to drive better value
- Award-winning solution recognised by the FM industry