|Job Title||Business Development Manager|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Before applying for this role, please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
SSS Management Services is an FM and Security Management company, trading for over 25 years. SSS is a subsidiary of Synectics plc (LSE:SNX).
Aligned to significant investment in a new market centric operating platform, SSS now wish to strengthen the New Client Acquisition Team to further enhance both revenues and profitability. This key position is responsible for creating new client relationships to deliver sales and margin growth for SSS in line with pre-agreed targets. The role is essential in ensuring the continual growth of SSS in the Retail, Hospitality, Care and Logistics markets. You will decide which sector and which clients to target, and then pursue them on a direct sales basis. Winning clients at SSS is a collaborative effort, with support from the delivery team at key negotiation and proposition shaping points.
SSS is a client solution based business with our models reducing cost for clients and also adding visibility and improved service performance across all of our client’s FM and Security Services. SSS has a blue chip customer base including FTSE100 companies on its books, an enviable track record of customer satisfaction and client retention.
In summary, this is a role for a true “Hunter” with a track record in gaining revenues in a solution sell environment.
- Ownership of new business development opportunities
- Deliver results to a pre-agreed budget
- Devise and own customer engagement, sector plans, pipeline development and forecasting for your clients, ensuring a good understanding of strategy and approach
- Own the sales and profit targets for your accounts
- Present to new clients the portfolio of solutions from SSS and other PLC divisions
- Pro-actively search for new sales channels and opportunities
- Work closely with the operations team to understand business processes and enhance personal knowledge to further develop client relationships
- Extract data from all relevant internal sources to complete tender/quote documentation in a timely manner
- Ensure specifications and pricing quoted are accurate and has received relevant input from supply chain
- Provide detailed MI as requested by the MD and business to outline pipeline, forecast and budget
- Play an important role in the mobilisation stage of new business, through to completing the handover of the client to operations
- Provide strong pro-active account management in order to deliver profitable growth
- A strong communicator able to influence others to own view point
- Ability to create client opportunities from a cold start via new business engagement strategies
- Effective communicator able to seek out and obtain win-win solutions for both the client and SSS
- Able to build strong relationships with clients’ based on trust and openness
- High levels of drive, determination and resilience
- Strong and confident presentational skills
- Self-motivated with a results driven focus
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong analytical skills and use of market and client data to gain footholds into clients and sectors
- Accurate forecasting skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of proven success in a solution sales role within Security and/or facilities management markets (Ideally from a
- Company turnover of £10m-£40m)
- Proven track record of personally developing strong client relationships that lead to contract wins from a cold start
- Able to demonstrate success in winning new clients by creating proactive solution proposals
- Educated to a good standard
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- UK-wide remit
- Must be based within 45 minutes commute from Maidstone, Kent
To apply please email a covering letter with a full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.